Wildlife and Wine
Marlborough has many iconic attractions, Now an Iconic " MUST DO TOUR "
Marlborough's Perfect Cruise
Fantastic Wildlife and Scenery, World renowned Wines and the Best Mussels in the World
Now enjoy all 3 on a Marlborough Sounds Cruise: a 2-hour quality experience
We take you where the wildlife is!
- Depart Picton Waterfront and learn about the Marlborough Sounds from our highly trained Guide/ Skipper.
- Take a short stroll to the lookout on Kaipupu Wildlife Sanctuary and see the BEST view in the Southern Queen Charlotte Sound.
- See many species of Land Birds and how a community has developed this Wildlife Reserve with the Department of Conservation.
- Back on-board for a glass of Yealands Wine complemented by Sealord’s Mussels and soak in the ambiance of the majestic Marlborough Sounds.
- Use our ID cards and Binoculars to search for and learn about Marine Wildlife on a cruise to Marlborough's oldest Marine Reserve.
- Take Up-Close Photos with NZ Fur Seals, Little Blue Penguins, Sea Birds, feed tame Fish and much more...
Don't Delay Book Today!
Customer Reviews :
Trip Advisior - 5 Star *****
2 weeks ago Reviewed by Joan G
Small group of people on the boat and the whole experience was extremely well done. We saw amazing bird and sea life.
Facebook -5 Star *****
Amazing tour! awesome team! Just realy lovely experiance! boom!
Facebook -5 Star *****
Totally awesome Eco tour, i so loved seeing all the amazing bird life It was truly the best day ever :) ohh and to see the Hectors too was just icing on the cake. Only sorry that I couldn't stay longer but i,ll be back :) Bless
What you can See !
- Little Blue Penguins
- Fluttering Shearwaters
- White Fronted Turn
- Spotted Shag, Pied Shag, Little Black Shag
- Australasian Gannets
- New Zealand Fur Seals
- Grey Warbler
- New Zealand Wood Pigeon
- New Zealand Robin
- Rowi Kiwi
The Tour departs from Picton Waterfront which has a carpark within 200 meters of the E-ko Shop.
What to Bring:
- Footwear you can walk in
- Light jacket if overcast
- Bookings essential
- Tour requires a minimum of 4 to Operate
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather or safety at our discretion / Full refund
- 48 Hours’ Notice of Customers cancellation required for refund
Commonly seen on this tour
The world’s smallest penguin, little penguin (also known as little blue penguin) stand just over 25 cm and weigh around one kg. They spend much of their time at sea hunting small fish, crustaceans and squid.
Population: about 200,000, half of which are in Australia.
Found on: rocky shores throughout mainland New Zealand, the Chatham Islands, and the Subantarctic islands, as well as parts of Australia.
Fur seals and sea lions are distinguished from other seals by their external ear flaps and hind flippers which rotate forward, allowing them to move quickly on land.